What To Pack List!
Arctic Nude with Corwin Prescott
Prepare for the worst weather! We will try to avoid it but we will be shooting outside everyday, rain or shine. The usual temperature for Iceland in June is in the 60s and the winds can be very strong. Waterproof gear and clothes are a necessity.
- Lens Hoods: keeps water off the front element and sun off the lens.
- Camera: DSLR or Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera or Film Camera. I like to have a two, so one is a back up.
- Lenses: we recommend wide angle zoom (like a 17-40mm or a 24-70mm) and a telephoto zoom (like a 70-200mm) to get the most varied points of view. The speed at which we have to shoot (for models' comfort) and the rugged terrain can make reframing a shot difficult.
- Memory Cards / Film: bring more than you think you need, and then some!
- Batteries & chargers.
- Converters for European outlets: bring multiples, both for 2-prong and 3-prong outlets.
- A laptop with your preference of editing software: Lightroom, Camera Raw, Photoshop
- Hard drives to back up your images
- Warm clothing (think layers). A rain jacket with a hood, plus waterproof shoes, boots, and pants! The taller the boot the more varied your angles can be.
- Thin gloves to protect & warm your hands while shooting.
- Lens cloths: the more the better!
- Backpack style camera bag: either waterproof or with a waterproof cover.
- Small umbrella (optional): well built. It gets very windy.
- Camera poncho: did we mention the rain and wind? :)
- Tripod: for long exposures and possibly landscapes.
- Filters: neutral density, polarizing, etc.
- Model releases: we do not provide them so please bring your own if desired.
Please DO NOT Bring:
- drones. They alert tourists as to our location!
- lights & light stands. Iceland is generally a giant soft box, plus they are slow and we don't want models to pose for longer than they have to.